Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Start of a New Era

Well, after many months of deliberation, I have decided to start a blog.  Joe is out of town, so he doesn't know that this new stage has begun for us, although he knows that the idea has been going around in my head for a while now.  It will be a pleasant surprise when he returns!  

So, since this is all new, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to make postings.  My hope is that this might be a convenient way to get happenings both personally and ministry-wise out there to you all.  

As a start, here is a picture at the church we attend in Nairobi, Mamlaka Hill Chapel.  It is the original branch of Nairobi Chapel for those who have heard of this wonderful church movement in Kenya.  The church is located on the edge of Nairobi University's campus, so I'm sure Joe and I are on the "older" end of the congregation!  In this picture, you can see the decorations common to many Kenyan celebrations - long pieces of cloth strung on the outskirts of the room with a few smaller decorations here and there.  



Merry Christmas to all!  Until next post...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting this! I love any chance to better see & hear what you guys are doing. You've been added to my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete